AN IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM YORKE PENINSULA COUNCIL HOLIDAY PARKS
In response to the Prime Minister’s announcement on 24th March 2020, and the restrictions around non-essential domestic travel, Yorke Peninsula Council Holiday Parks, have had to make some extremely difficult decisions with regard to the provision of services throughout this difficult period.
As per the Government guidelines – ‘essential travel’ is described as per the following;
• necessary activities for work purposes,
• essential accommodation while stopping at one location during a current road trip,
• travel on compassionate grounds, and
• travel required to return to your place of residence.
For guests who are needing to stay with us over the coming weeks and months, we will be supporting and encouraging self-distancing and hygiene measures, so you and your travelling companion/s remain safe, and protect the safety of others.
As a result, all of our parks will be taking the following measures;
• Our Yorke Peninsula Council Holiday Parks will remain open to provide an ‘essential’ service to those in need. Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our staff, park guests and the wider community, while at the same time committing to the needs of those that require our ‘essential’ services.
• All bookings and payment will be taken over the phone
• We will pre-arrange a self-check in for you
• All ‘essential travel’ vehicles must be self-contained with own cooking, toilet and shower facilities
• Camper trailers, roof-top tents, tents and the like will not be permitted and guests will be referred to a self-contained cabin
• Camp Kitchens will be closing for the foreseeable future, however, all outdoor BBQ’s will remain open.
• All that have upcoming bookings will be contacted via email to advise of the options going forward
• Park Managers will continue to update patrons via social pages and email as the situation evolves
For those of you who have a non-essential booking within the next 60 days, please contact the park directly to discuss your options.
For any further queries with respect to this statement, please refer to the Prime Minister’s announcement – Update on coronavirus measures
For the latest news, updates, signs, symptoms and protection tips, please visit health.gov.au
We sincerely thank you for your ongoing support at this difficult time. We’ll look forward to welcoming you back to the Yorke Peninsula when these restrictions are lifted.